We’re currently working on a third-person, multiplayer, open world, action RPG in Unreal Engine 5. As a 3D Animator at Massive Damage, we’ll work with you on forging a path to your maximum potential. Between rigging and creating animations for a vast array of characters, creatures, and gameplay, we have a wide range of opportunities. Above all, we’re looking for motivated individuals that complement our growing team. graphics and tools, we have a wide range of opportunities. Above all, we’re looking for motivated individuals that complement our growing team.
- Collaborate with the Directors, Animators, Designers, Artists, and Engineers in providing expertise in animation
- Create industry leading animations using animation principles for characters, creatures, environments, gameplay, and VFX.
- Create and maintain various rigs in Maya.
- Create, maintain, and continuously improve tools and pipelines in Maya.
- Implement and set up assets in the game engine.
- Help troubleshoot issues relating to animation in both Maya and the game engine.
- Help make sure assets and systems are optimized for run-time performance.
- Comprehensive understanding of animation principles as they are applied in film or video games.
- Knowledge of human and animal anatomy and kinesiology, and understanding of how it relates to deformation rigs.
- Multiple years experience with 3D animation software and creating animator friendly rigs (Maya, Blender, Unreal Engine).
- Animation, skinning, rigging, and/or pipeline tools development experience in Maya is a plus.
Nice To Haves
- Multiple years in the industry and working with a game engine (preferably Unreal Engine).
- Experience with Unreal Engine 5 Blueprints and character controllers.
- Shipped one or more games.
- Ontario or Quebec. Relocation support available.
- Q1 2023
What We Offer At Massive Damage
- Competitive salary
- 100% Remote work environment
- Social events (in person and virtual) year round and company retreats.
- No crunch policy. We’re well-funded and able to shift timelines or scope as needed.
- 5 weeks of paid vacation (2 weeks of which are taken in late December’s holiday season).
- 10 personal/sick days per year.
- Employee benefits package focused on health AND wellness.
- Employee assistance programs for mental health, long term planning, life stages and more.
- Self Directed R&D Friday Afternoons – Every Friday, we encourage the team to learn something new to continue their professional development and growth.
- Annual opportunities to attend conferences and training courses.
Massive Damage Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. In keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, we will happily accommodate individual needs.
Please submit your resume and portfolio to email@example.com
We’d love to hear from you!