3D Character Modeler
We are in search of someone who is as passionate and crazy about games as we are to help design and build the next generation of games for our company.
In your role, you will be responsible for creating high quality 3D art assets for our games. You will work closely with the Art Director and Creative Director in bringing their vision into a playable experience.
If you love games, have excellent modeling and texturing skills and can work within established guidelines and processes, we would love to hear from you!
- Accurately translate concept art into textured stylized game-ready 3D character models
- Export, integrate and test your own work in a Unity staging environment
- Ensure models are well-optimized and topologically suited to animation
- Maintain clean project organization and naming conventions
- Maintain a tight schedule and work collaboratively in a small team via online communication platforms
- Communicate closely with the Art Director on style and receive feedback well
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant experience and abilities
- Mastery of any suitable 3D modeling toolset (Maya is a plus, but you’re welcome to use whatever toolset you’re most comfortable with)
- Excellent command of clean topology, UV layout, and texture painting
- Proficient in modeling practices ranging from low-poly to high-poly
- Experience working with animators/riggers to produce appropriately structured models
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Self-motivated, able to work remotely while collaborating effectively with a fun and energetic team
- Genuine passion for making and playing video games.
- Experience modeling environmental props and set pieces
- Strong artistic background and ability to produce supplementary concept art
- Comfortable modeling less significant props without a concept, while maintaining cohesive art style
- Expertise in lighting and rendering
- Experience in character rigging in Maya
- Experience with Unity and implementing 3D assets into game engines.