Senior Gameplay Developer
We are in search of someone who is as passionate about games as we are to help design and build the next generation of games for our company.
As a senior gameplay developer, you will be responsible for implementing and iterating on solutions to challenging game development problems. You will collaborate closely with artists, designers, and fellow developers to tackle complex requirements across many aspects of the game.
If you love building games in Unity and working as part of a team to bring game concepts to life, we would love to hear from you
- Collaborate with leads and other developers to implement and iterate on systems, features and tools across various aspects of the game.
- Write and maintain iterative, thoughtful and well-documented code.
- Research and find solutions to problems on all facets of game development, including implementation, optimization and bug-fixing.
- Coordinate with other departments on requirements and specifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or computer science.
- At least 5 years of game development experience.
- Strong proficiency in Unity and C#.
- Well-versed in design patterns and software engineering principles.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and collaborative development skills.
- High degree of self-motivation and resourcefulness in all areas of engineering.
- Genuine passion for making and playing video games.
- Experience with Unity’s render pipelines and shaders.
- Experience developing networked, multiplayer games.
- Console development experience.
- Shipped one or more video game titles.
- Resident of Ontario, Canada.
What We Offer At Massive Damage
- 100% Remote work environment
- Flexible working hours to suit your schedule
- 4.5 weeks paid vacation (1.5 weeks of which are taken in late December)
- We believe in a sustainable work-life balance: summer hours, company retreats, no mandatory crunch
- Collaborative environment with opportunities to contribute to the game’s creative design and take ownership of features
- Competitive salary, and benefits like: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and Healthcare Spending Account
- We believe in constant growth and provide everyone with opportunities to attend conferences, training courses, and dedicated research time (every Friday) to help you strengthen your skills or learn something new
Massive Damage Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. In keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, we will happily accommodate individual needs.
Please submit your resume and portfolio to [email protected]
We’d love to hear from you!