We are in search of someone who is as passionate about games as we are to help design and build the next generation of games for our company.
In your role, you will be responsible for creating a variety of game assets, with emphasis on those which most benefit from your unique combination of artistry and technical know-how. You will work closely with the Art Director and Creative Director in bringing their vision into a playable experience.
If you love games, have strong design skills, in-depth knowledge of development in Unreal, and the ability to work as part of a team, we would love to hear from you.
- Utilize Unreal Engine to create blueprints, visual effects, materials and lighting
- Construct rigs in Maya and integrate the results into UE
- Research and develop solutions to technical challenges
- Support the needs of the art team in executing concepts and designs accurately in-engine
- Review models and animations to ensure they meet established technical requirements and constraints
- Extensive production experience as a Technical Artist or closely-related role
- Advanced knowledge of UE (Rendering, Post Processes, VFX, Rigging, Animation)
- Strong knowledge of Maya with regard to rigging and animation
- Solid understanding of art and animation pipelines
- A demo reel or portfolio demonstrating a selection of your talents
- Resident of Ontario, Canada, or willingness to relocate to Ontario
- Scripting knowledge (Mel, Python, C++)
- Experience producing game-ready animations
- Experience rigging cloth & hair for use in UE
- Shader development experience
- Experience using Advanced Skeleton
- Excellent interpersonal communication and collaborative development skills
- High degree of self-motivation and resourcefulness
- Genuine passion for making and playing video games
What We Offer At Massive Damage
- 100% Remote work environment
- Flexible working hours to suit your schedule
- 4.5 weeks paid vacation (1.5 weeks of which are taken in late December)
- 10 days paid personal/sick leave
- We believe in a sustainable work-life balance: summer hours, company retreats, no mandatory crunch
- Collaborative environment with opportunities to contribute to the game’s creative design and take ownership of features
- Competitive salary, and benefits like: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and Healthcare Spending Account
- We believe in constant growth and provide everyone with opportunities to attend conferences, training courses, and dedicated research time (every Friday) to help you strengthen your skills or learn something new
Massive Damage Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. In keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, we will happily accommodate individual needs.
Please submit your resume and portfolio to [email protected]
We’d love to hear from you!